What's the Hype About?
Chloe Ting workouts are all over social media right now. As a college student who works out every day, I wanted to see if she lived up to the hype. So, I decided instead of my regular workout routine I would do her 35-minute Fat Blasting Full Body Workout. She estimated that the workout would burn between 300 to 500 calories depending on your age, gender, and how hard you pushed yourself. Before I get into the review of her workout, I want to point out that I had very high expectations. All of the Tik Toks and reviews I have read online insisted that it was the best workout they have ever put themselves through, and that following her workout plans helped them lose weight. Personally, I run or ride the Peloton about 4-5 times per week, do HITT body workouts or lifting 4 times a week, and core almost every day. So this review is coming from an individual who is very active. Below I will provide a review and a few tips on how to get the most out of Chloe's workouts, and whether they live up to the hype.
Overall, Chloe Ting's workout was great cardio and was high intensity. I was out of breath during the workout, and truly tried to push myself so that I could burn optimal calories. However, I did expect the workout to challenge me more. The moves are very basic, and I did not feel truly challenged until the fourth set. She provides some modifications throughout the workout, but if you are even slightly athletic you should not need to modify any of the exercises. If anything, I think next time I would add a dumbbell weight to make the exercises more difficult. Although I think her workout could be more challenging, her workouts do create results which she posts on her youtube. I think in order to get an accurate read on how her workouts affect my body, I would need to commit to one of her workout plans for two weeks and compare the results to the plan I already follow. All in all, I would say she lives up to the hype...kinda.
1. Take Less Breaks: This workout consists of 4 sets. Within each set is another 3 sets that consist of four exercises. In between each set, Chloe provides you with the option of a 20 second rest or a 20 second jog. I recommend taking your water breaks in between complete sets, and jogging during the breaks within the complete set. It will make you more tired and will allow you to push your body as much as possible.
2. Add Weights: Adding weights can increase the difficulty of the workout if you find it fairly doable already. If you find the workout already challenging, then ditch the weights and follow exactly how she presents the workout.
3. Jog During Her 20 Second Rest: Jog during most of the 20 second breaks in order to keep your heart-rate up. This will allow you to expend more energy and burn more calories.
4. Do Not Look At Her Percent of Completeness at the Top of the Screen: At the top of the screen Chloe puts how far you have gotten in the workout by putting a percent of completion. Do NOT watch it. You will get distracted and will not push yourself. Saving all of your energy for the end is not going to allow you to get the most of the workout. So, focus on the exercises and grinding.
5. GRIND: You're only going to get the most of her workout if you keep your intensity high and push yourself.