The Versatility of Hats
Hats are one of my favorite accessories to add to an outfit. They are seasonal, make for a great statement piece, and can truly add another dimension to your wardrobe. Below you will find some of my favorite reasons for wearing a hat, and a few styling tips to help make it compliment your outfit!
Shout out to Boot Barn in Nashville, TN for providing me with my favorite maroon hat!
1. Cover Up a Bad Hair Day: Wearing a hat can help cover up even the worst hair day! Toss on a beanie during the winter time, or throw on a stylish fedora for a day at the beach. You'll look trendy, with minimal effort.
2. Style-Enhancement: Wearing a hat adds another dimension to your outfit. If you're looking for a way to spice up your look, finding a hat that compliments your face shape and frame is the perfect way to do it.
3. Provide Protection: Hats not only make great statement pieces, but they provide much needed protection. Wearing a wide-brimmed hat or baseball cap is perfect for blocking out the sun during the spring and summer time. During the winter and fall, throw on a beanie or felt hat for maximal warmth.
1. Adjust Your Hairstyle: Make sure to adjust your hairstyle to the hat you are wearing that day. Adding volume can enhance the look of your hat dramatically, and add much needed texture.
2. Mix Colors: Don't feel that your hat needs to match your outfit perfectly. Instead, try to match your hat with the overall color tone of your look.
3. Match Aesthetics: By matching your hat to the aesthetics of your outfit or wardrobe, you can create a more natural, trendy look.